Sunday, October 19, 2008

She Lives Perfectly- Meeting the Anti-Hero


Alas, I will have to suspend the writing of the rest of my story. For I have to be truthful, it's not just mine, but my husband's as well. One day though, it will all be on paper, the honest truth about our stubbornly beautiful true love. For now, I will post what I have...and then wait for my co-producer.


Spring had come in full bloom by then, and she got up in his truck, feeling the heat rush to her face. Of course, from emotions more than the atmosphere. She was a skinny girl, and it didn't take long from the heat on her face to wash over her body. The slam of the door caught her attention and she smiled, feeling him beside her. The roar of the truck as he turned over the key made her laugh ever so slightly and by God, she was so nervous. Had she really looked him over till just recently?

He was, built to be admired, though she wouldn't fully understand the extent of how he was built until later. She loved teasing him, putting her hands to his chest, so she could feel the strength within his muscles. He was a football player and an avid sportsman. There was something about him that drew her closer and yet, kept her at an arms length. He smiled at her and she thought, "my God, I am all he thinks about. He really cares for me, yes, he wants me".

They had spoken quite often, in Biology class together, and a few times in English class, but it was mostly that second hour of class that they really seemed to connect. However, that was last year and it was a new year of school, so close to being over with their high school lives. There was a wild ride a head of her and she didn’t even have the slightest clue. They began down the dirt roads and a few paved, and she was feeling like the prettiest girl alive. Ah, that high school crush and the relationships that seem like the world.
P.s. photo is of my uncle Gene and Aunt Rose (they are in a better place)

No comments: