Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's Amazing How it Rained


It's amazing how it rained, the day I parted from you.

It's amazing how the airport seat felt even colder than before yet I dressed warmer.


My eyes hurt. Just like my heart, pounding in my chest of this to be a dream.

It's amazing how it rained, as I fought so hard to be strong.


It was in the cards, the trip back to that place.


It's amazing how you smile when I know you're feeling sad too. It's no wonder you're the man I am drawn too.


It's amazing how you and I are together. I feel like we can take on the world.


The sound of the man on the intercom, calling your name the first time. How ready you seemed to go, and how unready I was to let you go. But you came back to me.


It's amazing that those minutes talking to you went by life fleeting seconds.


I kissed your lips. I did it again, I said good-bye and I love you in the same sentence. I watched as you boarded a *plan I was not allowed on.


It's amazing how I was resolved to be strong, but wept uncontrollably when I was alone in my car. "Who will take care of me," I cried like a child.


It's amazing that it rained like God too, was sad to see you, go away from me.

No comments: